LearnTech 2020 Summer Camp
Join us for an adventure into the world of Artificial Intelligence and
LearnTech is run in partnership with Brainbox Education. The engaging and interactive LearnTech programs are designed and delivered by Tech professionals.
Our mission is to open up the exciting world of Emergent Technologies and Artificial Intelligence to Technology curious minds. Our focus is not just coding but to also encourage design skills, imagination, and innovation.
This summer we offer a Creative Tech
and AI Camp for 8-12 year olds!
Time and dates: 24th, 25th, 26th of August, 9am-3pm
Students will need to bring their own IPad/Laptop with a charger.
Chrome browser should be installed.
Students are required to have a Google account, all learning will be delivered through Google Classroom.
Day 1. Digital Story Telling using Scratch
Students use code to tell fun and interactive stories. Storytelling emphasizes creativity by encouraging students to tell a unique story. Students will use Scratch to make their characters come alive!
- Use imagination to develop a story
- Be able to develop characters to fit in with the storyline
- Begin to code the storyline using scratch
Day 2. Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Students will be introduced to the concepts of Artificial Intelligence and learn about its applications in Voice Assistants, Face recognition, Recommendation systems. Students gain an understanding of what is a machine learning algorithm and how AI impacts their lives. They review case studies and explore ethical issues raised by machine learning.
- Students will build together an anti-bullying machine learning model
- Be able to build a simple machine learning model in Snap! - Machine Learning extension of Scratch.
Day 3. App Development
Students use critical thinking and innovation to design an app to solve a global problem. After completing the non-technical design work, students will then go on to create their app incorporating AI features.
- Understand how technology can be used for good
- Be able to plan and design an app project
- Use Artificial intelligence in their app.
- Create their very own app
The course is designed to be fully inclusive and encourages students to think innovatively. Throughout the course, we will be embedding Maths and English to ensure the skill sets are maintained ready for the start of school in September.
Throughout the expert-designed course, students will:
● Explore cutting-edge technologies that are shaping the world around us.
● Learn by doing, by undertaking projects relevant to real life.
● Harness design thinking techniques to solve problems and build new ideas.
● Promote curiosity and imagination with respect to new technologies
Students graduate with:
· ● A portfolio of completed tech projects to share with family and friends
· ● A LearnTech certificate of module or a course completion
· ● A discount on future LearnTech courses